Thursday, August 13, 2009

Porcelain Buttons






Pictured above are the buttons that I made at a porcelain clay button workshop a few Sundays ago. I had fun and will work again with porcelain clay to make more buttons. I sold three of the buttons at my button club meeting last night, where I gave a presentation on wooden buttons. It was received so well, I was asked to present at the state button meeting next September. Wooden buttons are so neglected, and there are some really beautiful wood buttons to be found. I will post the wooden button work card (the first step in creating a nicely mounted card for competition) in a future post. But, for now, take a look at the first porcelain buttons I made.






4 comments:

Carol J. said...

Those are so beautiful, Barbara. I can't imagine working on something so small with all that detail!

Boracay hotel rooms said...

These are such a very beautiful porcelain buttons. It looks very unique. Love it!!!

Gena Lumbroso said...

These are stunning, Barb... I LOVE them!

Summer Gypsy said...

I love the color and the details...these are heirlooms!
:)Marilyn