Sunday, May 30, 2010
I posted this photo of my husband, Bob and me, on my facebook profile and it got a huge response. It is at least from 35 years ago...... That is the Chevy, Camaro Z28 that he bought me for traveling to UMass when I did my grad studies. We later sold it to buy a station wagon because he started his home improvement business. What a let down for me. No more high fives and toots while passing other cool rides on the road!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
Here is the artwork I created in the first round robin altered book swap page. I used the original image of the figure, leaving it untouched on the page. I painted around it and the remainder of the pages with white paint. After the paint dried, I used water color sticks to create the environment. I cut shells from magazines, gluing them on the page, placing some glitz on as well. I like using the Neocolor, as it lends itself to expression!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
A sweet award has been gifted to me by Carol, whose Blog, "Hot Flashes from Hell" is really awesome! Carol is a marvelous writer, whose humor, I think, parallels Erma Bombeck..really. So, here are the rules:
* make a post about the award, including the picture, and mention the person who gave it to you.
* put the award on your blog.
* let your nominated 10 know you've awarded them by leaving a comment.
And, here are the ten blogs that I really like and visit on a regular basis:
1. Lani at http://lanipuppetmaker.blogspot.com
2. Carol at http://swallowcliffs.blogspot.com
3. Huyen at http://procrastinartery.blogspot.com/
4. Leann at http://leeanns-imaginarium.blogspot.com/2010/04/altered-books.html
5. Charlene at http://myheartsease.blogspot.com
6. jana at http://collectedtreasures.blogspot.com
7. Carol at http://raiseyourhandif.blogspot.com
8. sam at http://incywincytogs.blogspot.com
9. Marilyn at http://unshelvedwords08.blogspot.com
10. Carol at http://wwwmountain-momentscom.blogspot.com
Thank you, Carol!
Friday, May 14, 2010
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Monday, May 10, 2010
Sunday, May 9, 2010
I had a great day today. Lolled around the house most of the day and played on FaceBook. My boys visited in the afternoon and we all sat down to eat dinner (that my son, Beau, made). Buddy brought the lilacs. Here is a photo of the Robin's nest under the light on the corner of the deck. The 2 babies are pretty big right now and will probably fly out of their nest by next week.
My little friend, Ella, stayed overnight and painted the next morning. She is quite a little artist, and painted so beautifully, moving her entire body in great gestures as she painted. I could see that she thoroughly enjoyed her painting. It was a joy to watch her.