Monday, August 3, 2009

art therapy



I really took yesterday off to do nothing but play in my art studio. My favorite art group, 14 Secrets for a Happy Artist's Life, has a lot of activity currently. I joined a new swap (making faux art mail stamps) and was so motivated and inspired, that I made them all in one day - yesterday! They are all complete and in the mailing envelope; however, I will not mail them out for another 2 weeks, as they are not due until then. Here are a few of some extras... I kept some that did not work as well as others, but on the whole, I love them all! We are currently in the process of painting our living room/dining room area and I will be very very happy when that is over. The paint fumes are nasty and it has been quite humid these past few days. The air conditioning is on and the fans are swirling so that helps. I am not a wall painter (except for murals) and it took me 2 hours to paint one wall. Needless to say, my husband had to go over it with a roller (which took him no time at all) for the wall to look good. It seems I experienced "flashing", which is when my wet brush went over dry paint. THAT is because it was so darned hot, the paint dried too fast, and I am a slow painter!!! That is why I paint on canvas and not walls. I don't have that problem painting murals though. It will be all worth it when completed, as we have not done any redecorating in many years. Seems strange to have the trim done all in white and complete. My husband is a contractor and never has time to work on our house. My kitchen floor is another story. I have the tiles in a box in the cellar for at least 6 years now. I have threatened to tear the old floor up, but I am not strong enough. Oh dear. I am grateful for all I have and retreat to my art space, very grateful.








1 comment:

Summer Gypsy said...

Barbara,
I must get some of your stamps!!! I love them all, too! Stamp Swaps are a lot of fun. Believe it or not, I actually finished mine the day I signed up which is a first for me!
Hugs,
Marilyn